ARE YOU A SELF PUBLISHING AUTHOR?
Here's how I usually work.
- I need to read your text. No, I won't steal it, of course: my job is bringing books to life with my illustrations and I have no interest at all in ruining your work! We can sign a non disclosure agreement, anyway.
- We can decide to do some test illustrations: it's not for free but if you then decide to hire me they'll be included in the final price.
- We sign a detailed agreement (I use the AOI template): it includes everything, from delivering dates, to types of images I'll be delivering, payment steps and copyright issues.
- I'll start developing thumbnails to analyse composition and movement throughout the whole book. I can both work following your directions or using my imagination. Usually a combo of these two things works best.
In this phase, we can modify anything we want.
When I start drawing final pictures, I'll only add minor modifications.
- My job includes: character design, color palette study, storyboard drafts, high res final pictures in RGB and CMYK, cover design, handwriting. I do not do book design (yet).
If you have any further questions or doubts, you can send me an email: